Sometimes being me doesn't feel good enough. I'm not as creative, stylish, interesting, thoughtful as I want to be. I started this blog to showcase some of the things that I have made and eventually to start selling some of my creations. But I haven't managed it.
Somehow, other women, other mums manage to care for their children, create amazing things, take beautiful pictures, blog about them and often include tutorials on how to recreate them. I aspire to be like that. How do they have time? How do they come up with all the ideas? How are they so darn cool? Dana has an amazing home and makes fabulous clothes for her children and herself, Megan is an inspiring mother and seems to do such fantastic things with her children, Cheri has an incredible imagination and is current champion of So You Think You're Crafty. All three take stunning photos of their crafts, homes, families and there are many many others that I haven't mentioned.
These women have beautiful homes, beautiful children, beautiful style and create the most beautiful things. I have a very messy home (oh how I wish I was tidy), wish I was more stylish and only occasionally create wonderful things. I can certainly compete on the beautiful offspring front though.
But today, I am content with being me. Actually, what I really mean is that today [and tomorrow and the day after] I am [wanting to try really hard to be] content with being me. Its so easy to compare myself to so many other people around me. (I wonder how many of them are in turn comparing themselves to me?). But maybe I should just concentrate on being myself, focusing on the who I am and doing what I love to do rather than trying to be like someone else.
I am me and noone else is.
I often feel the same.. clearly our talents lie in other directions. God made us as we are and I too am content; when I feel like this I remind myself why I started my blog (to communicate with my family and friends far away as I can't use a phone) - so they feel in touch and part of my life as much as possible. I don't need it to be any more than that; and if I try to make it into more than that I just end up feeling inadequate; being a crafty mommy blogger is not for me, but being in touch with my family and having an outlet for my creativity and need to write is.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your blog, and was v impressed by the playhouse!!
You don't necc know what these other women do with the rest of their time. maybe their kids are older, maybe they don't work, maybe they have cleaners...
Glad Jack is on the mend.
Rosie x
You are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI constantly, constantly, compare myself to you, and would like to be more like you.
If you spent more time doing the things you would like to do (that other people are doing, like making their own clothes, writing tutorials etc) there are lots of things you wouldn't have time to do. We can only do the best we can, to the best of our ability, with the time that we have and the skills that we have.
You are supurbly amazing. Please don't change. You are amazing. xxxxx
I just wrote a lovely long comment and it disappeared. Grrr.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! And I for one love Jo just as she is! (And that's a fab photo.)
ReplyDeletePlus, though I only read Megan & Jill's blogs - neither of them work & you have to, so that makes a difference.
We must catch up soon - need to tell you about a project I'm about to join in with that involves former prostitutes & crafting, two things you know lots about! [FYI, readers of Jo's blog, she has never been a prostitute...]