I have decided to stop using shop-bought shampoos. Today, I will wash my hair using baking soda and vinegar. Feeling a little nervous but hoping for some good long-term results. Check out this link for all the info http://coderedhat.com/no-poo-method/
In addition, to further enhance my hippy status, I am currently infusing some camomile and lavender with coconut oil and sunflower oil in order to make my own deodorant. In the meantime, I am sat with a mixture of gelatine and milk on my face (a pore-cleansing face mask)!
Update - Just
washed with bicarb and conditioned with vinegar. Its surprisingly
smooth and unknotty, doesn't smell of vinegar and my scalp feels v
gently tingly. Its starting to dry and my roots are no longer looking
greasy (last washed it 3 days ago). I'm letting it dry naturally and
will be interested to see how it looks once dry. I gather that the first
time you use this method it looks fab and then you can get a few weeks
of adjustment so we'll see how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment