Thursday, 2 September 2010

Trying not to take it personally

Today was my first day at work for over a year. Jack spent the day with his Fairy Godmother, Sarah at the Botanical Gardens and had a great time. When I got home I was looking forward to being greeted with a smile and some excitement (in much the same way he greets his father everyday). But no. Not even a flicker of recognition. Not even a smile. And when I picked him up for a cuddle he just wanted to get down and play.

I'm trying very hard not to take it personally. And I know that I should be happy that he is so well adjusted and confident that he can spend the day with someone he hardly knows and not be miserable. But I kinda would have liked him to miss me a little bit. And be a small bit excited to see me. I feel a little dejected and rejected.

Oh well. I'll probably be soon complaining that he wont settle at nursery or something similar.


1 comment:

  1. So glad today went well - for Jack at least! Hope work went just as smoothly and that his birthday was a fitting end to your holiday!

    Looking forward to seeing the playhouse in action (and in the flesh at some point in the future). xx

    ReplyDelete