Having had a baby-free morning on Monday and a baby-free afternoon yesterday, I am struggling with the prospect of having a baby-full day today. There is much to be done (including some reading and sleeping) and it is all so much harder when there is a small boy to entertain.
It a good job I love the little guy. And here are some reasons why (this is as much to motivate me to get out of bed as it is for your benefit):
* those great big chubby cheeks that wobble around when we're driving in the car
* the most laboured attempt at crawling (read squirming on his belly and sometimes managing to move forward a centimetre or two) I have ever seen
* that beautiful cheeky smile
* the enthusiasm with which he soaks everyone present at bathtime
* the great big slobbery kisses (with tongues) that he likes to give
Ok, whinge over. I realise how fortunate I am to be able to spend so much time with my son (but just so I don't feel too guilty - does anyone else ever feel the same way about life as a mother?). Today, I will cherish him and cherish the time that we have together. And off we go to the Teddy Bears Picnic with a smile on both of our faces.
Don't feel guilty!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you on the difficulties of life with a small person. My 3 months of maternity leave and therefore full-time motherhood were the hardest of any I remember. I'm much happier back at work. Still love spending time with him, just not all the time!
agree - you are in a large majority of women.
ReplyDelete