Sunday, 6 June 2010

Hot Orange

A few weeks ago we went to visit Sim's Grandparents for the day. I had tonsillitis and a very very sore throat. My favourite soother was to have a mug of hot orange squash.

Grandpa offered me a drink. I asked if they had any orange squash and if they did, could I have some hot. He said that they did and went off to the kitchen to make it for me.

It tasted a little strange. For a start, it was quite strong (I prefer y squash relatively weak). More strangely, it was quite fizzy. It tasted bizarre but not altogether unpleasant.

How on earth did he manage to create a fizzy hot orange squash? Did he use sparkling water in the kettle? Had it somehow fermented? The truth of the matter was revealed when he made me another one later on in the day. I happened to be in the kitchen as he opened a large bottle of orange tango, poured some into a saucepan and warmed it up on the hob.

As I was just browsing the internet for a picture of a bottle of Tango to liven up this post (seeing as I can't currently upload any photos of my own) I came across this and I thought I would share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment