I have long been wanting to put some pictures up on the walls. It is rather shameful as we've lived here for over 2 years and still haven't put any up. I'm not sure why I never got around to it. Possibly cost. Possibly time. Possibly finding the right thing to put up. However, I have made a move which has given me inspiration to adorn the walls in other rooms of the house.
I bought a cheap blank canvas for less than £5 and printed out some of my favourite pictures of Jack onto photo paper using our very average and basic printer. They came out almost A4 size. I trimmed the white from around the edges and then used extra strong double-sided tape to stick them to the canvas. It looks just like an expensive printed canvas but for only 10% of the cost.

I recently got hold of some freezer paper (a type of parchment paper from America) which enables me to print onto fabric. My next project will involve printing onto fabric and stretching it round a canvas frame. Unfortunately I only have an A4 printer so they will be small prints, but I am quite excited to see how they will turn out.

No comments:
Post a Comment