To be honest, I'm quite surprised by my reaction. I never thought that it would matter so deeply. But it does. I also suspect there's quite a lot of underlying anxiety about going back to work involved.
'What does that have to do with retail therapy?', I hear you ask. Ok, maybe not. Maybe its really quite predictable. But it was an accident. I didn't mean to. But there it was, so beautiful, so glamorous, so practical, so expensive (shhhh).
And now, somehow, it is sitting next to me gazing lovingly at me. I don't know quite how it got here. But here it is. And here it will stay. Maybe. Unless Simeon finds out how much it cost. Of I am overwhelmed by post-splurging guilt.
PS. The bag is red. Maybe I need some new shoes to match.
PPS. I expect you want to see a photo. The ones I've found online just don't do it justice and I haven't got time to upload one right now so you'll have to imagine a beautiful red bag with a very lovely lining, lots of useful pockets, and clever attachments that let you hang it from the pram handle. One day, I will share a picture of it with you and I hope that it will live up to your imaginings.
Bags! Bags! Bags!
ReplyDeleteRed bags!
Red shoes!
Ahem... I'll get back to work now.