It will be quiet for a while longer as tomorrow we are going camping. For a week. With an 11 month old baby. I don't like camping very much. And Simeon is working onsite as part of the youth team (its a Christian camp that we're going to with our church). So, childcare duty is all mine.
I was feeling very anxious about it all but after copious list-making my only remaining concern is the sleeping thing. Recently, Jack has been waking up at about 5am. I usually turn the baby monitor onto silent at this point and let him babble/shout and play/whinge in his cot (I'm not really sure what he does as I go back to sleep!) until Sim's alarm goes off at 6.30. Not so easy in a tent. Also, he has a cold and a cough so is a little more grumpy than usual and is coughing alot.
My main concerns are that a) wakes people up by coughing during the night and/0r crying at 5am and b) that I have to get up with him at 5am and walk him round the campsite to keep him calm.
It'll be fine though, right?
You will be fine.
ReplyDeleteIf your experiences are anything like mine in camping...
You may find that any schedules you normally keep to fly out of the window.
You may find that you don't get as late a lie-in as usual.
You might find that the first night is absolute hell, but that it gets better from there as Jack gets used to it.
Don't worry about waking people up. The birds will do a cracking job of that anyway!
I find that having a bag of toys ready in the mornings to post into the cot helps the getting-up time aspect.
Hope it all goes really well.
Farli (from the wibsite)