Monday, 31 May 2010

Organisation

In my heart, I am an organised person. I love things to be neatly arranged, stored in their correct place and tidied away. I am, however, inherently messy. And I hate it. I would love my house to be tidy and streamlined but it is in a permanent state of chaos and messiness. Every single room is currently not in a presentable state (I can't even bear to put up some photos to demonstrate this. Its too shameful).

Something must be done. The first step is to declutter. So, we're off to a car boot sale in a couple of weeks to try and earn some money from the stuff that is filling up my house (how can there be that much stuff?). The next stage is, errrmmm. Well, I haven't really got round to figuring out what the next stage is. I just know that the end point is a tidy, clutter-free (or at least clutter hidden away in a cupboard or something pretty and functional) house.

This evening, to begin this project and prepare my house for having several mums and babies round for lunch tomorrow, I am sewing a changing mat. I know, not exactly useful or urgent. I am making an effort to prettify and organise my changing bag and if I can do that then I think I may have the momentum to do the same with the rest of the house. On the other hand, doing the changing bag may well use up all my de-cluttering motivation and the house will remain as it is. Someone ask me in a few weeks how its going and I'll let you know if I've been successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment