Thursday, 27 May 2010

Wake-up call

My early morning wake-up call is getting earlier by the day. Jack is finally not waking up several times a night but has decided that the day starts at 5.30am. Or 5am. Or 4.45am. That is way way too early. Its alright for him as he heads back to bed after breakfast for another hour or two in bed. But, for the poor Man and I, it is Very Bad Indeed. We are like the walking dead. Zombies. So Very Tired.
The Man is heading here next week for 4 days of quiet retreat. I am jealous a little. And tired alot. It does, however mean that my aunt and cousins will be coming to stay and there will be much fun, eating and work on the playhouse. And maybe, just maybe there will be a chance of a few hours off. A few hours to myself. A few hours to be refreshed.

In the meantime, I shall continue to take myself off to bed with the French Open on iplayer when Jack has his afternoon nap. There aren't many things more soothing than the sound of a tennis match in the background. And if I can stay awake long enough, I may actually watch some of the tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment